Tammy Hartnett is Ho-Chunk, Inc.’s Director of Benefits. In this role she oversees the benefits team, and she is responsible for the administration of employee benefits in all company operations.
1.What do you enjoy most about the work you do?
I love the team that I get to work with each day– it is an amazing team that focuses on serving our fellow employees. I have enjoyed learning about the mission and history of the company and culture. Ho-Chunk, Inc. has been so welcoming to me. I enjoy building relationships with people within the organization and the support the benefits team offers to all employees at Ho-Chunk, Inc.
2. How long have you been with the company? How have you been able to grow personally and/or professionally since you started?
I joined the Ho-Chunk, Inc. team in February 2022. I have grown both personally and professionally by learning about the organization and culture. I also have had the opportunity to be mentored by long-term employee Cynthia LaMere, which has helped me learn the complexity of the organization.
3. What has been one of your favorite projects so far, and why?
My favorite part has been finding opportunities for efficiencies and building the benefits team with new staff that complements our seasoned staff on the team. I am excited about the future support that I feel the benefits team will bring to all employees.
4. What do you like to do outside of work?
Outside of work, I love to watch sporting events at all levels. I love spending time with family and friends. I have three adult children, and I love any opportunity I can to spend time with each of them. My husband and I have recently become campers with a purchase of a small camper, and I am learning some new skills with that adventure.
5. What is something about you that might surprise people?
I would consider myself “frugal” and am always on the lookout for a bargain. I may even purchase something I don’t need because it is on sale and a “good deal” and give to someone who needs it.
6. What has surprised you about working for Ho-Chunk, Inc.? Or what insights or advice would you give to someone who is thinking about applying to work here or recently started?
Being from a local Nebraska community, I certainly had been exposed to Ho-Chunk, Inc., but learning about the company’s reach outside of the Midwest was surprising to me. The vision for growth is exciting. I would advise anyone thinking of joining Ho-Chunk, Inc. to apply– it is an exciting organization that has a commitment to growth and development.
7. Do you have anything you’re looking forward to or have you done anything fun or interesting lately?
My oldest daughter got married in March 2022 in Orlando, Florida. It truly was an amazing event that was so fun! It was a vacation and family celebration tied together in one big event.